after sewing the little beddings, I posted earlier, I looked a long time at the beds.
I think it's a nice idea by EPOCH, that you always get a bed for your new Sylvanian baby, but I have to admit it: They really don't look so nice! If you place them into a room, they're too low- especially when you're comparing them to other Sylvanian furniture.
Because I adore my little Sylvanian babies (they're so cuddly^^), I made a plan about upgrading their beds. They should look more like real baby beds.
If you want an upgrading for your beds too, just follow my tutorial:
You need: FIMO or other polymer clay (of course you can also use normal clay or salt dough), fabric, yarn and a border or bobbin lace.
Step 1: The feet
Because the bed should have a higher stand, form 4 little foodholds out of the clay (they should be about 1 cm high). I've used a bead-roller to get identical pieces, but of course you can also make it by hand.
Bake and let them cool down.
Turn the bed and stick the foodholds to the bed. Use superglue for a fast drying. (But please take care of your fingers!)
Yeah, I know, the bottom side doesn't look so nice :D.
But from the side? Better :)
Step 2: The bed canopy
You need the clay again. Form something like this:
It's a little bit lopsided, so try to correct it with a ruler, if it's lying on the baking paper ;). Bake it.
Now take your favourite fabric and cut out two rectangles (measurements: about 3,5 x 6 cm).
Turn 3 ends and fix them with a few stiches.
Fold them together with two fitting pieces of border or bobbin lace.
Fix them and apply some glue at the ends - so it shouldn't frazzle.
It looks strange right now, but just let it dry :).
In the meantime, you can stick the "frame" (I don't know how I should call it- I'm sorry) to the bed.
Now you're almost finished: Just put the curtain on to the frame and ad some bedding.
As you see, I made two little beds - one for my mole baby and the other for my little rabbit girl :D.
I'm really sorry for the lighting conditions - the morning sun was blending, so I had to cover it...
I hope you had fun reading this tutorial :).